MakerBot Speciality PETG
MakerBot Speciality PETG for METHOD
Speciality PETG is the material of choice for printing high-performance parts that demand excellent durability along with temperature, moisture and chemical resistance. Engineers and designers use Speciality PETG to produce durable prints with speed and agility that can withstand industrial applications including functional prototypes, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts.
- Excellent mechanical properties, including high durability and toughness: 8.1 kJ/m² Impact Strength (ISO 179)
- Higher heat resistance than both PLA and Tough: 70C Heat Deflection Temperature (ASTM 648)
- Chemical resistance to acidic and alkali compounds
- Moisture Resistant: 1104 ppm moisture absorption (ISO 62)
- Prints with water-soluble PVA supports
Designers and engineers can create functional prototypes that combine superior part durability with temperature, moisture, and chemical resistance.
- Liquid containers
- Signage and graphic displays
- Enclosures for electrical equipment
JIGS & FIXTURES
Machinists and manufacturing engineers can create durable custom parts that are heat and chemical resistant with speed and agility.
- Manufacturing tools and aids
- Robotic end effectors
- Product testing tools
Engineers and machinists can create functional end-use parts with durability and ductility including snap fits and living hinges.
- Custom machine parts
- Protective guards
- Cooling tubes
Moisture Resistance: (ISO 62): 1104 ppm 1104 ppm
Heat Deflection (ASTM 648): 158F 70C
Flexural Strength (ISO 178): 10007 psi 69 MPa
Flexural Modulus (ISO 178): 297,327 psi 2050 Mpa
Tensile Strength at yield (ISO 527): 7251 psi 50 Mpa
Tensile Modulus (ISO 527): 292976 psi 2020 MPa
Strain at Yield - Elongation (%): 6% 6%
Impact Strength (Charpy Method 23C): 3.85 ft-lb/in2 8.1 kJ/m2